When I started my walk with God almost two years ago now, I remember feeling like I could no longer operate as the old Jen, that things had to change, that the term 'born again' actually had truth behind it and it's not just something Christians say. Although I didn't feel different at the time, I knew that I was entering into a new season, new dimension even. Before you think that religion tricked me into becoming someone different, let me offer a different perspective. There were things from my past that I was carrying into my present. I had emotional baggage, if you will. I didn't know it then because I was hiding under the guise, "Well this just how I am. Love me or leave me alone." I didn't think twice about losing someone in my life because I believed that if you loved and cared for me, you had to deal with ALL of me. Very selfish thinking, I know. Not once did I stop to think about how my actions made the other person feel, how their lo...

Comments
Post a Comment